Friday, September 3, 2010

Finally!

We got word from our adoption agency yesterday, saying that they FINALLY received our completed Home Study. Thank you, New York State, for finally getting you act together! We also had a wonderful time watching the video of Will that they sent us.....we have watched it over and over and over again. I just can't get enough of looking at that little peanut! He's absolutely precious. Full of smiles with big dimples, curly black hair, beautiful brown eyes, and cheeks just begging to be eaten. My mother in law told me that we will have to shave his head when he gets home so he matches the rest of the Morgan babies.....haha, every single one of them has been totally bald! He definitely has a mop of bedhead going on, so a trim might be in order when we get him home! Now that our home study is done, we can send our dossier paperwork up to Tallahassee to get it apostilled. That whole process should only take about a week from the time we send it off until the time that we receive it back, and you can bet that I am sending it with a tracking number! If we lose that paperwork anywhere, I will have a heart attack. It then gets sent off to our adoption agency, although they have already received copies of everything minus the home study, and sent the copies off to the orphanage to get the approval process started. They will then send the official, apostilled dossier off to India, where we will have to wait for approval from the orphanage, CARA, and then finally, the Indian government. During this time, we are also waiting for our USCIS approval to come back.....I am hoping that it will not take too long. We have been told that we can expect him home anywhere from around New Year's to next year at this time. I refuse to believe that it will take another year though! That's the time frame that they give everyone, but we were told that our orphanage is very good and tends to push paperwork through really fast, especially in cases like this when there is a special needs child involved. We are just really praying for some miracles. I know that my God is amazing, and He has a plan in store for us and for Will.....and I know that He will do everything in His time, but for now, my prayer is that a miracle will occur and we will be told that we can go get our baby before Christmas. It never hurts to ask, right!? After we get our USCIS approval, our agency said that they will have a better idea of an approximate travel time for us. We can't wait to have something concrete to start a count-down! In addition to the video of Will, the agency sent a short clip of the orphanage, so it was really cool to see where he is living now. It's nice to know that it is relatively clean, and he is being well taken care of. And other big news.....today is the day that we meet with Dr. Dadlani to discuss Will's newest medical report. I am hoping that he can shed some light on it for us, as we don't understand a lot of the medical jargon. I am just thankful that it's all in English, so at least it is easy to decipher! On a happy note....my mom and I took a trip to the Home Goods Store this morning and got a few things to decorate the house for Fall. This is my favorite time of year, and I am really excited to think that by next year, I can but a Halloween costume for my little Will!

No comments:

Post a Comment